pages

February 28, 2012

poem


I have wanted to try illustrating for quite some time, and now this opportunity occurred with a New York based writer, who was looking for something different to her book being published. Obviously my "illustrations" aren't quite typical, and everything about this image was a challenge. To adapt to someone else's story (a poem in this case) and characters. To use my style - but still be able to visualise the writers words. Not to mention having to look like a man who looks like a woman (!). It was interesting how nerve wrecking it turned out to be, making such a specific and personal piece of work for someone else.

On a side note: It was also slightly awkward and frustrating that the dog just really, really, really needed to go out for a walk as soon as I had finished the facial paint. I suppose I'm lucky no one called the police.

No comments: